Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Little Lecture I Never Want to Lose

Sometimes, a truly remarkable friend says something you just know you never want to forget. Here's one such gem now:

"Something that I don't think you see is the fact that [insert heartbreaker's name here] doesn't even know who you really are. Yes, I know that sounds weird, but it is true. Because if he had, he would stay. People run because they see something that obscures their perception of who the person is they thought they knew. They don't look for the whole picture any more; they just run. And because of it, they miss the best parts of a person. You don't want someone like that."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


Mood: Warm fuzzies inside

Quote:

Rory: "It wasn't a tackle. It was strictly hands."

Me: "Yes. Your hands on my body."

~~an argument over Rory fouling me during Ultimate Frisbee

Music: "And So It Goes," Billy Joel


5 comments:

Jessica Rabbit said...

Yay for wise friends and...inappropriate tackling? ;)

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Sorry, for all of the comment deletions! I have been trying to put the link to a talk that has helped me a lot up. However, it won't take it so it keeps on having a corrupted link.

You should look up this talk in google, it's a great one :)
Breaking Up without Going to Pieces:
When Dating Doesn’t End in Marriage

Sister Hillary Kiser said...

I have read it. Hyrum recommended it to me way back when. Thanks, all the same. ^____________^