Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Time To Be A Big Girl Now

I've spent the last year of my life tucked within the folds of a security blanket. I have allowed that blanket to keep me from stepping outside of what is safe and familiar, and I have also used it as an excuse not to step out when I didn't want to. But blankets can only last so long without fraying and ripping when they're toted around with you everywhere you go. And at last, I've admitted that I'm too big to carry this tattered, stained scrap of cloth with me. I'm glad to be rid of it, in fact. There are games I want to play that little girls who hug their blankets close just aren't suited for, and I want to take part in them.
This is my farewell to my own exhausted security blanket as I step out into a much broader playground, seeking for new games and new mates to play them with. I'm finally ready to leave the blanket behind.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Quote: "Sometimes new love comes between old friends. Sometimes the best love was the one that was always there," Reality Bites
Music: "Big Girls Don't Cry," Fergie
Mood: At Peace

No comments: