Thursday, March 20, 2008

Got Milk?

Well, the tallies are in, and the votes stand as thus:

1 I don't think you're a dork. You're totally cool!
1 You attract dorks because that's what you subconsciously desire.
2 They're attracted to you because they see common interests. (With a hint of 'Other guys may be interested, but they're too afraid of damaging their reputations to give you a chance.')
1 If you want anything else, you're going to have to let your hair grow out and wear more makeup. (There would be two votes for this one if my mom read my blog.)
1 You're too soft. You may wish you were tough, but you know you're not and so do we, you pansie.
1 I'll tell you later - when it's safe.
And my sister didn't vote because she thinks I'm too dorky to bother reading my blog. ^.^()

That's about what I expected.

In other news:

Thrynn thinks I need to post entries more often. I think Thrynn faces a painful, stabbity demise in the relatively near future. Call it a hunch. ^__________________^

Saturday was a great day. It was several days ago, but it was still great. My character delivered the killing blow to a colossal sized dragon in DnD - with her bare hands. Muaha. I made cheese cake cupcakes, and they were most scrumptious.
I cleaned my room (though you can't really tell anymore) while Calli and I took a trip down nostalgia lane. My, we were silly kids. Why, yes, Digimon and Gundams and Dragonballs CAN exist on the same planet... Our kids will get tired of watching cartoons before we do. And once upon a time, 19 was sooooooo far away, and we would be married by then. HAAAAAH!
So then I drug the poor sickly creature that was Calli to a karaoke party in the realm of Man-205. Light, that was a blast. Mullet wigs, 80's rock, attempted cha-cha, and cheesecake from the Irish Pub. Yum. Calli and I agreed, though, that the night would have been perfect if they'd had Mika's song Grace Kelly among their karaoke tunes. Alas, it was not. Lord Tarzan and I would've brought down the house with that one.
There was also an Irish Pub party going on and Irish jigging did occur. And I wore a giant orange top hat that covered my whole head. I felt like Baby New Year from that clay-animation movie because the only way to keep the hat up was to fold my ears out and balance it on them. It made a lot of people laugh, which made me happy. ^__^

I learned some things about the human body and the digestive system this week. I learned that humans are the only mammals that don't become lactose intolerant very quickly after being weaned from their mothers' milk. There are varying degrees of lactose intolerance. For instance, one person could be totally incapable of consuming any dairy product without severe reactions while another person could perceive no signs at all of being sensitive to lactose with dairy products such as cheese, yogurt, butter, etc. But with milk, which contains a significantly greater amount of lactose, symptoms may suddenly appear. It's also a condition that increases in severity as you age.
I am also approximately 90% certain that I am developing what is, for now, a mild form of lactose intolerance. I've been doing some self-experimenting and have found in repeated cases that my body reacts badly when I drink milk. It's still mild enough that I don't really notice symptoms with less-lactose-concentrated dairy products, but a few glasses of milk is enough to make my stomach very unhappy with me. I don't mind giving up milk itself so much. Never have liked the stuff and hardly ever drink it anyway - unless it's chocolaty. But it will make my heart and soul inconsolably sad if this is something that progresses as I get older until I must also say goodbye to wonders like cheese and the most sacred of substances - ice cream. Maybe I should start binging on dairy while I still can...

Today was such a beautiful day! About 60 degrees and sunny with a little bit of wind. Just perfect. I decided it was prime Y-hiking weather. So I put on my boots and toted my trusty walking stick Miro up the hill to the mountain. (Not only is Miro good at helping my klutzy feet stay under the rest of me when I'm conquering mountains, he's also very good at telling creepy guys that stare at me as I'm walking alone to keep their distance. He's a good boy. ^___^) Miro and I had just reached the second switchback when I got a call from Korrie, who needed someone to drive her to class. So we turned around and trotted ourselves back down off the mountain so we could be useful. (It's kinda funny that Korrie and I hang out more, and I get to actually be helpful to her now that I'm no longer her visiting teacher. Heheh...) She seemed hesitant to interrupt my little adventure, but I assured her it would be fine as long as she promised to accompany me on a later excursion up to the Y. The funny thing is - I didn't realize at the time that that excursion would have to be MUCH later since Korrie's still hobbling around on crutches due to an unfortunate episode with gravity and the 'sport court.' Mrr.

Aaaaaaaaand.... I was born in the year of the dragon. RAWR.


-------------------


Quote - "I could never be a vegetarian. I like broccoli too much." Annika
Music - "Hand-Me-Down," Matchbox 20
Mood - ~I'm a helper!~

2 comments:

Obliviocelot said...

Sixty degrees? Heh heh, we got six more inches of snow today, expecting up to ten more tonight. ;P

Also, what were you doing hiking on a mountain by yourself? (Sticks don't count.) If I'm not allowed to hike by myself, you aren't either, ya dirty rotten punk!

Also also, drive her to class? Do you have a car? And I didn't know about it? What??? O_o

Also also also, YAY you updated, FINALLY! ^_^ :P

Obliviocelot said...

Also also also also, what do you mean let your hair grow out and wear more makeup? MORE makeup??? What the heck??? Do you want nobody to ever be able to find your pretty face??? You put that crap away!